- "Have I told you about the tension of opposites?" [Morrie] says.
- The tension of opposites?
- "Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn't. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted.
- "A tension of opposites, like a pull on a rubber band. And most of us live somewhere in the middle."
Sounds like a wrestling match, I say.
- "A wrestling match." He laughs. "Yes, you could describe life that way.
- So which side wins, I ask?
- "Which side wins?" He smiles at me, the crinkled eye, the crooked teeth.
- "Love wins. Love always wins."
:: Mitch Albom - Tuesday with Morrie
Tuesday with Morrie is the runaway bestseller (4 years on the New York Times bestseller list) that changed millions of lives. Its a a magical chronicle about an old man, a young man and life's greatest lesson. As their shared time together, Mitch shares Morrie's lasting gift with the world.
More quotes from Tuesday with Morrie
Pin It Now!